Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Date

I feel as though I need to start off by explaining to you how books and I came to be:
I used to absolutely hate reading. However, about a year ago, I found that it wasn’t about the act of reading; it was about the books I was choosing. I must warn you though…my guilty pleasure: romance novels.

My good friend ‘B’ introduced me to this guilty pleasure, and I absolutely love her for it! Now I know what you’re thinking: romance novels are trashy, it’s all about sex. The actual book is horrible, it has no substance! ...I used to be one of those people. But I have officially jumped ship and onto the cruise line of romance novels. Yeah, the sex scenes are definitely a plus, but the story lines surrounding those scenes are just as good as any ‘normal’ book.

First Date = Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sherrilyn Kenyon’s ‘Night Pleasures’ from ‘The Dark Hunter Series’ took me on my first date. The Dark-Hunters are immortal warriors who are pledged to the Greek goddess Artemis and dedicated to defending mankind against Daimons (vampires) and other assorted enemies including a couple of rogue gods and goddesses. This series takes you in and out of the modern and Greek world with tales of hard times, ass-kicking, and love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment