Wednesday, September 29, 2010

RIGHT NOW

I AM SO EXCITED!! Seriously, I am so thrilled right now because I just came home from classes and found that I had a package in the mail. First of all I have to say that anytime I get something besides bills in the mail I'm excited, however, I was extra excited to see that it was from Nely, who has the fabulous book blog, All About {N}. When I got up to my apartment I almost had a Glee moment in which I sing while opening the envelope to reveal three books that I have been wanting to read since seeing them on Nely's blog, yes, that excited. However, instead of traumatizing my cats with my horrible voice, I calmly yet quickly sat down on my futon and pulled out my goodies from the envelope. Revealed: 'Breakfast in Bed' by Robin Kaye...'A Black Tie Affair' by Sherrill Bodine...and 'Matched' by Ally Condie. I feel like Emeril Lagasse is the sense that I want to yell "BAM!" right now because I now have these fantastic books thanks to Nely!! All About {N}

So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to start with 'A Black Tie Affair' by Sherrill Bodine. This book is about Athena, a fashion curator, who gets the job of her dreams. But, something goes horribly wrong and Athena joins her ex, Drew, to solve the mystery at hand. Along the way feelings, old and new, emerge as the two work together...Can't wait to read!!
 























Currently Listening To:
Space by M.I.A.
























Picture Of The Day:
























Quote Of The Day:
"We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading." ~B.F. Skinner

 

1 comments:

Nely said...

I've been backed up on my comments!! Hooray! I'm so excited you got them and are enjoying them. :D Makes me happy that I found them a happy home.

Post a Comment